juby 008
Originally uploaded by Dr.Sabrina.
She struggled through the night, none of us slept much, and by morning she was exhausted but finally peaceful again. Evan fed her Pupperoni until she wouldn't eat anymore. We wrapped her in a blanket and she cuddled close to me during her last car ride. She lay contented, with her head in my lap, Evan held both of us, she took a deep breath which ended in one last final sneeze. In true Juby fashion - simple, sweet, and slightly quirky - she was gone.

3 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Jubilee. I know you have a lot of great memories about her and she will live on in them. I still remember Brandy fondly and I am not what you would call an animal person. All goldens are special in my thinking because of all the goldens you have cared for bred, and raised. Do you remember the rabbit you had. I have forgotten his name but not him and you to- gether.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

oh Kristin, even this blog made me cry! and I dont even cry at much... she'll always be one of the best dogs I've ever met.

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger dr. david said...

Kristin, I have tried not to think about this day, knowing that it had been drawing close. She meant so much; she was so special, so unique. She created a place. A space. And she occupied it. It was a place very close to you. But now that she is gone, the space that she created is still there, even though she is not. I know the emptiness of it must weigh heavy. But the joy of her life and all she gave you is with you now and will always be with you. May God comfort you in your sorrow, may he lift you up, may he give you and those you love a blessing. I love you. Dad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Back